Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012- My First 10k

This year I have really gotten in to running. At first it started out as something to lose weight, but after a while it became a great way for me to have some alone time, and just be alone with my thoughts. My goal started out to be able to run a 5k and survive. When I did that I thought I might be able to do more.
(The three of us before the race)
So when Megan asked me to run a 10k on Thanksgiving Day. I nervously agreed! I was worried I might just die. So we signed up for the Utah Human Race. It benefits the Utah Food Bank. The announcer at the race said that 5,100 people were running that day! That is a lot of runners!



It was a beautiful day for a race. Chilly, but not too chilly. We started the race at 7:30, and I finished in 1:02:30. Not to shabby for 6.40 miles. 


This is not the best picture, but this is us after we had finished with our race shirts!

Megan and me!





Us again. Connor thinks that every picture must include him. Which is why he is in all of these! Silly boy!

All in all it was a great experience for me! I pushed myself to do something and succeeded.  I helped out a great cause!  Spent some time with my hubby and sister. And I got to eat Thanksgiving dinner guilt free!!!!!

Who knows what else I can do? A half marathon, a full marathon (highly doubtful!) 

1 comment:

  1. So inspiring Shay! I keep trying to start running and I'm having a hard time sticking with it. Hopefully someday I'll be as awesome as you!

    ReplyDelete